For all you UBfitters who put either slices of lemon or lemon juice into their drinking water – it is best to STOP this. Lemon (and all citrus fruits) are highly acidic and cause erosion of teeth. This results in stripping or thinning of the tooth enamel. Once acid has eroded this outer enamel layer, it can never grow back. Enamel is the thin outer layer on each of our teeth; it makes them look white, healthy and lustrous.
If you need a “tooth safe” flavouring in your drinking water, try mint leaves or slices of fresh ginger. These will not damage your teeth.
The best and safest drink for all of us is plain water. Sparkling or fizzy water is also acidic so best to drink this sparingly.